Is there a one-stop shop for information about higher education in California?
CaliforniaColleges.edu is a comprehensive website aimed at students, counselors, and parents that helps guide and support the college planning and preparation process. The site’s content and functionalities allow users to:
- Explore accredited colleges and universities
- Determine which schools and majors best match a student’s career aspirations
- Develop personalized student plans of study, prepare for tests, and track college planning and A-G completion
- Find professional development resources
- Learn more about financial aid and how to pay for college
- Access information about college admission requirements and apply online
Supported in part by College Futures Foundation, the California College Guidance Initiative (CCGI) partners with K-12 school districts to support students, counselors, parents, and community-based organizations with technological tools—including the CaliforniaColleges.edu site—that help guide the college planning and preparation process. This online resource has been developed in collaboration with the California State University, University of California, California Community Colleges, Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities, and the California Department of Education. Visit www.californiacolleges.edu.
How can you maximize the financial aid your students receive for college?
College Gold Rush (www.collegegoldrush.org) is a website that gives college access programs, high school counselors, and other college advisors the information, tools, and resources to help guide California students through the financial aid process. This “goldmine” provides the information and guidance you will need to help your students secure state and federal grants and other types of financial aid so that they can afford to attend and complete college. Visit the site to:
- Try suggested best practices on hosting a successful financial aid campaign
- Check out easy-to-follow WebGrants instructions on accessing WebGrants, uploading GPAs, and downloading useful reports
- Maximize your students’ Cal Grants awards by using this step-by-step timeline to completing the Cal Grant application process
- Search our library of free, downloadable resources
This site was funded by College Futures Foundation and the California Masonic Foundation. GLOW built and maintains the site.