Insights & News
All California students deserve the opportunity to get a high-quality four-year college education. But that promise is being broken every day because California’s system for financing its public universities is not working on behalf of students.
Learn more about the College Futures Foundation report Securing the Public Trust: Practical Steps toward Higher Education Finance Reform in California, which features our analysis of our state’s approach to financing its two public university systems—the California State University and the University of California—and reforms that are needed so that these institutions can ensure access and success to all California students.
In this webinar, our panelists, along with College Futures staff and board, discuss the report findings and answer questions about both the problem analysis and the framework for reform.
Speakers and panelists include:
- Roberta Achtenberg – Chair Emeritus, California State University Board of Trustees
- Lande Ajose – Executive Director, California Competes
- Russell Gould – College Futures Foundation Board Vice Chair and Member of the UC Board of Regents
- Hans Johnson – Director of the Higher Education Center at the Public Policy Institute of California (PPIC)
- Julia Lopez – President and CEO of College Futures Foundation
- Toby Rosenblatt – College Futures Foundation Board Chair
- Jane Wellman – senior advisor to College Futures Foundation and lead author on the report
View the report webinar here.
Read the full report here.
Access related analyses and background research at: www.higheredfinance.org.